It is officially summer wedding season and I am HERE for it! Today I’ll talk about Summer wedding dresses for guests.The outdoor dance parties, the cocktail hours, the waterside venues. I love a good summer wedding, especially here in Tampa.
If you’re like me, the first thing on my mind when I get an invitation to a summer wedding is, “what am I going to wear?” That is after I think about how excited I am for the happy couple!
Summer wedding dresses guests can make or break your party experience. What you’re wearing can mean the difference between dancing the night away and sweating the night away in the corner.
I’ve been to many summer weddings, and I am sharing all of the outfit ideas. That you should think about when you go shopping for your outfit for a summer wedding!
- One of the best things about summer fashion is the color! Don’t be afraid to be bold with your colors this summer. Whether your summer wedding dress is one bright color or a fun pattern. You will be sure to pop in the crowd. Don’t forget to consider the bride and groom’s color scheme, if you know what it is. Besides, you should NOT show up in white dress.
- Consider the location of the wedding when choosing your outfit. Your clothes should be beautiful AND functional. Such as, if you know the background is going to be very green, you may not want to go in a green dress. If the ceremony is on the beach, I’d avoid wearing black to keep the sun from scorching you. Also, I would avoid thin heels on the beach.
- The next thing to think about is fabric. This goes for both guys and girls. One thing that most summer weddings have in common is the heat. Especially if you’re going to an outdoor afternoon ceremony you should be ready for some high temperatures. You probably don’t want to wear a thick fabric like suede or velvet. Go for something thin and breathable! I would suggest fabrics like nylon, linen, and simple cotton to keep you comfortable on your loved one’s big day.
4. Remember to think about the theme of the wedding and respect the bride and groom’s style. I have photographed a lot of weddings. About the sexy dress, I know, I know, it’s your chance to dress up and show off! However, keep in mind that most weddings are romantic or classy style, and this is their day, not yours. You will be in their wedding photos forever, so respect the theme. Make sure to dress appropriately for the event.
5. Last… shoes! Do you wear high heels every day? Are you comfortable walking in them for long periods of time? If the answer is no, don’t wear heels that are too high! Make sure that the day of the wedding is not the first day you’re wearing your shoes. Trust me, your shoes could come back to bite you, and you don’t want to spend the night searching for bandaids for your feet! For the guys, my best shoe advice is to avoid athletic shoes. Dress it up with some boots or dress shoes.
Bonus tip: Accessorize! Have fun with some sunglasses that highlight your outfit or a big fashionable hat. Dress and Shoes from Revolve.com
I hope this blog is help you plan the outfit to attend summer wedding! You knew someone engaged? Send me along, I would love to chat! or Will you be the next bride? Here is my Contract!